My first encounter with Bo Sanchez was when I saw his books at one of the local stores in Baguio City when I was in college. Even if I had no extra money to buy his book at that time, his books got my attention. I could still remember that moment when I was holding one of his books and just feeling the texture of the cover while reading what it says about the book and about the author.
Years later, when I was working in Makati, I met him in a seminar, bought two of his books and since then, I have been following him, listening to him, and observing him. Bo Sanchez is one of my huge influencers. He impacted my life so much including the way I write and how I approach book writing.
Here are the ten powerful practices I learned from Bo Sanchez about writing a book.
1. You are not writing a book, you are building a giant factory.
2. You need these three machines: message machine, media machine, money machine.
3. Do not just share knowledge (research, 2nd hand), share wisdom (transformation, 1st hand).
4. Always write from the heart.
5. Don’t just instruct, inspire.
6. Use stories. This is the language of the heart.
7. Create content quickly.
8. Write simply.
9. Always have a clear one big message.
10. Be a voracious learner.
I explained each of these in this video: https://youtu.be/RiLZkAR4UPw
May these ten powerful practices help you write your book.